- This event has passed.
August 24, 2017 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
This well-received panel is returning to address more key issues which we weren’t able to get to in the time available in the June 22nd session. The panel includes:
• Dave Olsen, CPA, owner of NorthStar Payroll assisting small to medium employers
• Shane Stogner, attorney handling business formation, contracts and disputes
• Len Nelms, CPA, tax advisor, preparer and problem solver
Some topics they’ll cover to build on the prior session include:
• What are the tax and legal issues when the business starts with or adds multiple owners?
• How do I know the difference between an employee and an independent contractor?
• What’s the big deal about 1099’s? Who needs ‘em?
• What I am I getting into if I add an employee? How much do payroll taxes cost? What about workers comp?
• Contracts 101 – what do I need to watch out for with vendor contracts? When should I use a contract with customers?
The Meetup is free because of our awesome sponsors, however we ask you to please RSVP so we can save a space for you.
Be sure to bring your laptop if possible, and you’re welcome to bring your own lunch if you’d like.
See you then!